Foster Member Relationships and Increase Revenue with Fundraising Newsletters
For over a decade, PBS stations have been using the Allegiance Group Newsletter to enrich their relationships with their members, while simultaneously generating significant revenue.
Designed and fully managed by Allegiance Group, the 4-page, full-color, printed Newsletter contains quick, easy-to-read stories and photos about upcoming national and local programs, community outreach activities, member benefits, and more. Each is mailed in a #10 window envelope along with a customizable reply slip, so you can vary the ask for each audience segment.
With nearly 20 participating stations sharing editorial, design, and production services, we’re able to keep costs down while still customizing the Newsletter to meet your individual needs.
Deepen the Relationship with Your Donors
The Newsletter features exclusive content common to each station as well as local articles and vignettes that focus on your local market.
Produced six times a year and rich in content, the Newsletter deepens the relationships that donors have with the station by reminding them of what their support makes possible.
A survey of Newsletter recipients found that:
90% of donors reported the Newsletter as being moderately to highly interesting to them.
45% of recipients held on to the Newsletter until the next edition – indicating that donors find this communication to be useful.
41% of donors report that the Newsletter makes them feel excited to tune into upcoming programs, while nearly 22% reported that it makes them proud of their support of public broadcasting.
Increase Your Bottom Line
The Newsletter has proven to have a direct, positive impact on the bottom line.
- Active Donors: Boost net revenue by incorporating the Newsletter into your membership program. It’s a proven revenue-generating powerhouse that will increase revenue without hurting other Add Gift campaigns throughout the year.
- Members in the Renewal Cycle: A Midwestern joint licensee receives average gifts 9% higher from donors in the renewal cycle who respond to the Newsletter vs to the the monthly renewal series.
- Recently Lapsed Donors: One major market station successfully uses the Newsletter as a membership recapture tool.
- Sustainers: Take advantage of the fully customizable reply slip and use the Newsletter as an upgrade appeal for your Sustainers.
- Mid-Level & Major Donors: One joint licensee regularly sends the Newsletter to Major
Promote PBS Passport
Ensure that your donors know about this terrific member benefit and how they can access it!
You can also highlight new content recently made available on Passport or remind members of old favorites to keep them engaged. Your members will love the exclusive content and insider information, and you will love the new source of dependable, unrestricted revenue.